SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 27, 2012

WW2 Watch Makes It's Way Home Metal Detecting



I was trying to use my metal detector the other day, with no luck. Even with the manual, I'm not very good at figuring it out. I went onto the (Friendly) Metal Detecting Forums for some advice. I then found this wonderful story from a military relic digger in the UK.  Not only did he find an amazing watch but he went on a quest to do ample research and make sure it got back to the family where it belonged. Talk about a good deed.  I'm in awe of him.  I don't even know his name, but he is from the Midlands, England, and this is his youtube channel. He has the upmost appreciation for veterans and I thank him for that.


Related World War 2 Items Found on Etsy:

Lovely window decal, WW2, TheLovelyJumble, about 12 pounds = approx $19.34 USD

WW2 Homefront Ring, Sterling, $65 from Etsy Seller YourArsenal

Other War Buff Items Found on Etsy:
Vintage patriotic Rhinestone Pin at RetroChalet, only $12

1933 Book of Stills from World War One, only $28 first printing, here.

Yoko and John, 1967ish? War is Over, DamntheFrame $35

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!